sb158 | April 2, 2010
Been a frustrating couple of days, not as much accomplished in the garden as I’d hoped. Yesterday I managed a few little odds & ends, but it really had to be a housework (YUK) day. So I got a good start, and was just getting into the zone, when Hubby decided to come home and mess up the kitchen I’d just cleaned to make lunch. Never understand why lunch always requires grease spatters, chopped veggies all over the counter, and lots of dishes. What’s wrong with a simple, non-messy sandwich?
So I cleaned up his mess, then went to sit down a minute. When I woke up, it was pretty much time to start dinner. Didn’t sleep well the night before, I guess…*sigh*.
Today I actually did get some stuff done. When I pulled out all the going-to-seed lettuce, broccoli, etc., I just threw it all in my amazing-laundry-hamper-composter. I knew I needed to dump it out, chop it some, and remake the pile properly. Since it was cooler today, I decided to do that first.
I needed to get some SWC’s ready, so mixed the dirt for and filled 4 of them. Noticed that the cosmos seed I planted a few days ago is sprouting, as are the mini-morning glories I put in the top tipsy pot. Lots of teensy-tiny baby chamomile, too! Oh, and the dwarf Unwin’s Dahlia are sprouting.
But last night was the first new Bones show in a couple months, as well as some of my other shows coming back after re-runs…hence the wasted night…
On the up-side, one of the bachelor buttons bloomed today, a pretty pink one. I was hoping for blue (I like blue), but you take what you get in the mixes. It’s still pretty.
Oh yeah, planted some zinnia seeds in one container, and globeflower in another. So, some progress, but not as much as I’d hoped…
Mouseover to see bigger pic.