Much better day today, since the guy fixed the AC first thing this morning. Good thing, too, cuz hubby bought this gadget that collects weather information. The gadget said the high today was 101. Felt that hot, for sure.
So I finished my two Monster Pots, as I mentioned. Here’s a pic of the jasmine pot:
Yes, I know, the poor thing looks sad. It was so root-bound I had to prune the roots, then prune the foliage to balance the root reduction. I planted a Moonlight nasturtium, one of my clearance creeping sedums, a dichondra, and two teeny baby verbena in the container with it. Hope it does okay.
The other Monster Pot is for my rosemary. Here’s a pic of the finished pot and the rosemary for which I made it:
Big pot for a not-so-big rosemary, I know. Just like kids, it will grow, though. Until it grows into the pot, I put some broken styrofoam pieces that were in the new coffeepot box into the bottom. I filled it to about an inch or so below the plant level, then covered it with landscape fabric to keep the dirt from sifting down into the styrofoam. That way, the plant will have some room to stretch it’s roots and grow, but not too much. If all goes well, I’ll probably have to repot again in fall or spring, but all I have to do is remove some Styrofoam and we’ll be good to go. It was getting dark by the time I finished transplanting the rosemary, or I would have added a pic of that, too.
Here’s a pic of the baby peppers and basils sitting in their eventual garden homes, getting used to the sun. It took about an hour and a half, again, before they started looking wilty and I moved them back.
Didn’t get the SWC’s made, as I had other stuff to do today. And I seem to have an infestation of leaf miners, so I guess it’s Google time to get rid of them. Couple minor holes in the bush bean leaves, too, could be slugs or snails, or any number of other unsavory critters. At least the rabbits and birds haven’t managed to get through the bean cage yet…knock on wood.